Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dandelion Seeds

Yes, we have dandelions on our yard.
You might say we specialize in growing them, but we don't, they just love our lawn.
I grew up on a yard where we got rid of the dandelions every Summer by spraying our grass. Needless to say that doesn't happen here. :)
Yes, it did take me a few Summers to get over the fact that there were yellow flowers everywhere!
But I got over it, and I'm just as happy with dandelions growing on my lawn as I would be with out, well actually I have no idea cause I've never been with out. 
But, they haven't hurt me yet, so I'm thinking that we'll be ok! Besides, we wouldn't have a lawn left if we killed the dandelions! :)

The kids were itching to shoot something today, they figured the dandelion seeds might be fun.



After some of that they ran over them with the popper thingy.


And then just picked them.


And picked them.


And picked them.


And picked them.


Then they gave them to me, and I believe that only a mothers heart could melt from receiving a bouquet like this one!



#356 on my thankfulness list is:
Im thankful for neighbours that grow dandelions too! :)


And this kid played on his bike, in the drying up mud puddle, and then he was sad cause his feet were muddy, but his mother told him he would be ok, after all dandelions and mud haven't killed anyone yet.


No comments: