Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 30

Then Samuel took a stone and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.  1 Samuel 7:12

What a wonderful thought! It's only because of God that this little baby is even growing inside of me, He has formed it and knows every day of it's life, why do we even bother worrying? We serve an all powerful God!!

Today has been filled with memories for me of what we were going through the last time I was 30 weeks pregnant, all day long I have been paying very close attention for any signs of labor. But so far all is well and I know that the ONE who has brought us this far will be with us no matter what happens in the next while.

This week the baby has not been growing as much seeing as it has been putting all it's energy into brain development. The neurons of the brain are now developing into 6 different layers, each with a special function, memory, vision, emotions, thought process and coordinated vision.
Now the finger and toe nails are completely formed and the baby is losing the soft layer of hair that have been covering it's body until now. Baby Pauls has now also figured out it's sleep/awake cycle, I can only hope that he/she will have it right. :) Whenever he/she is awake it's eyes are open and it's looking around.

I am feeling great! I started having false labor this week while going for walks so both Josh and my midwife said that I should cut out the walks, it's not really what I wanted to hear cause I really enjoy my walks, but it's better than having the baby now! I also have to roll over a lot more now when I'm sleeping because to long on one side makes it feel like the baby will kick it's way right out! But it's a wonderfully reassuring feeling!


2 months and 10 days, or 71 days left!

3 comments:

The Mayo Family said...

Beautiful.........:)
We are praying!
Blessings~
Mayo's

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

we have never met - and probably never will - but I love reading your blog! Andrew was born a little earlier than my daughter and I felt so much with you!
Praying for you, your pregnancy and the safety of your baby.
Anna from Germany

Mrs. Pauls said...

You really are getting bigger every week now! Hard to imagine 2 more months of getting bigger!

We are still praying hard over here. We probably won't stop until the baby has kids of his own! (I guess I'm thinking it is a boy :)

If you want a hand canning tomatoes or doing anything this fall just let me know and I'll be right over!