Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Big Excitment

 October 7th, 
It began as any other day.
I got up, had devotions, we ate and got started with our school.
Then my students started to disappear.
This is where I found them, staring out of our living room window.


They were watching Daddy and Grandpa standing outside, talking and measuring.


And then digging.
We had been talking about building a new living room for a few years already so that we could have more room for school and playing, and just living, but we had decided that it would wait till next year.
So needless to say, I was surprised when they started. 
All I can say is that we have a really good boss!!! :)


10 days later, after the field work was all done Jesse and I lay the re-bar. I guess the field work wasn't quite done or we wouldn't have been the ones doing it. :) Thanks Jesse! 







Zach came over to see how we were doing.


He was amazed!!!! :)


The kids were super excited from the beginning for the "new room".



The next morning, bright and early the cement truck arrived!!! What excitement!!!





Thanks Jen for helping!


On October 24 the fun started! We took of the siding and got started on building the walls.



Not before getting a big truckload of wood!!


Brendan spent most of his time shadowing Grandpa, maybe getting in his way some times.




The first wall going up!



Our Fall was so beautiful the kids were able to be outside and watch a lot!


See-saw time!


 Her little friend.


This guy made numerous towers while we were building. He also made pies and volcanos. :)


Learning stuff. 


The day after we started with rafters.
I don't have pictures of that cause I was building them. :) Or putting them together anyway.
So if our room caves in, I guess I'm to blame! :)


The rafters took us 2 days to build and put up. Then the shingling crew moved in on October 26.
Thanks Jesse, Zach, Caleb and Brooke for helping up there so I didn't have to!




And thats where Ill leave off for now. Part 2 to come!




1 comment:

Jennifer Penner said...

Yay!! Finally pictures? Question... who took the picture of you putting in the re-bar? Because I need to get that person taking pictures! :)