Saturday, November 7, 2009

Im A Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Im not sure where to start since most of what I have to say has already been said, but Im thankful that both of my Mothers have been keeping you up to date because I have not had the chance. :) And I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers; We could not be more thankful; It is because of your prayers that we are able to keep on living one day at a time.

Josh, Andrew and I are all doing very good. We are starting to kinda get used to this new way of life. It is very different from what we had planned, but it's God's will so that where we want to be.



This is just before Andrew was born, Josh was wonderful, I dont think I could have done it without him!!


The proud new parents! It's hard to believe that we really are a Mom and Dad! After having been induced things moved pretty quickly and at 5:10 our little miracle, Andrew Joshua was born.


Born at 30 weeks and 3 days he is very tiny! He has had to have alot of scans and so on, so far they have all come back good, we are waiting for the results for his head scan which are coming back on Monday, and he has one more for his heart on Monday. Other than that he just needs some more time to grow. :)

Andrew is doing all of his own breathing, he just has nasal prongs to help remind him to breath every once in while. He gets 1 ml. of milk every 2 hours, just enough to start getting his tummy ready for more food. They feed him through a tube going in his mouth. All the nurses say that he is a little fighter because he keeps on pulling the tube out. :)


We got to hold him for the first time on Thursday. He is even smaller when you hold him than when you look at him. :) He loves being held, and we love holding him, it's something that they really encourage so that your baby gets to know you better. It also helps stabalize his temp. heart rate and breathing, see why he loves it? :)


As of right now it sounds like we will be staying in Winnipeg for 5 or 6 weeks, it all depends on how our little guy does. We ask that you would continue to pray for us as we ajust to this new way of life, and that you would also keep praying for Andy, he does so well when people pray for him. :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

All I can say Is I'm very proud to be his antie...oh and glad to see more pictures :):)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you on your new title! Thanks for making me an auntie :)
I miss you both a whole lot!
Can't wait to see my little nephew!
Love ya lots
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca,
I am so glad that little AJ is doing so well,
I am missing you sooooo much,
I love you and can't wait to see you,
Give Andy a little hug from his Aunty,
Love Ker

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca and Josh,
It's great to hear from you again,
really nice pictures,I love the last one he is just so adorable!
I cant wait to see him,but for now just say hi to him and give him a hug from his auntie Rae.
I love you both and miss you lots
Rae

Anonymous said...

It's great to be an auntie and he's sooo cute to.
love you both

Rita