Monday, May 31, 2010

Bless The Lord!

Wow, it's been a long time since I have done anything on my blog, I am sorry to all you blog readers! Last week we have been busy trying to get over colds, Andrew got a really bad cold last Monday and I got it on Friday, we both feel very much the same, like sleeping, the only difference is that I don't cry about it. :) Andy was feeling better but then he started coughing again yesterday, the poor guy catches everything. But so far he has been able to fight it on his own for which I am very thankful!!

Having had to deal with colds got me thinking of how often we take our health for granted. If any of you are at all like me, you never really think of how you're feeling unless you are sick. And is it not that way with so many of God's blessings to us, we don't really notice, and we hardly ever think to say thank you for all that we have been given, but as soon as our world is shaken, even a tiny bit we start to worry and complain, asking God why He did this to us. I have often wondered to myself if God does take things away from us just to see if we will then remember from who we have received these gifts and if it will then cause us not only to be more thankful, but also to encourage us live each day praising Him for all that He has done for us.
Andrew will always be the perfect example to me, all through my pregnancy with him I always thought about having a "healthy" baby, sure in the back of your mind you do carry some, "what ifs", but you never think of them for to long, Until God blesses you with a special baby that needs extra care and love right from the start. But did God send us Andrew to us so that we would learn to trust Him more? Did He see that some where down life's road we would need to have a strong and solid relationship with Him and He wanted to strengthen it now? We will never know why we have to travel this road, we only know that God has a very good reason, and we want to make sure that we don't miss out on it. God has given us such a sweet blessing, we are still amazed at the love that we have for our son, and we do not want to take any kind of blessing for granted! God knows what He is doing, we just want to make sure we will be ready at all times to be a part of whatever it is!
So as I carry on with my day and continue to cough and listen to Andy cough and keep on wiping noses, I want to praise my Lord for the beautiful son that He has given to us, for the health that we hope to soon enjoy again, for the love that so richly flows from above and that we serve a God that gives and takes away, so that we will continue to remember how blessed we are! We truly do serve an awesome God, may we never forget to praise Him!!

Bless the LORD oh my soul and all that is in me bless HIS HOLY name.

Bless the LORD oh my soul and forget not all HIS BENEFITS.

WHO FORGIVETH thine iniquities, WHO HEALETH all they diseases.

WHO REDEEMETH thy life from destruction, WHO crowneth thee with LOVING KINDNESS and TENDER MERCIES.
Psalm 103:1-4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT post Becky!
And you do an AMAZING job of "blessing the Lord" through trials, proud of you girl!

Love your lil sis Jen

Mrs. Pauls said...

Hey There!

It has been a few days now since your post, are you feeling any better? I hear you are having some sunshine these days, so I hope you are feeling well enough to putter in the garden.

Have a great day!

Jeanette

Sara Thiessen said...

Rebecca, I was so encouraged by your article. How wonderful to see the faith of a young couple, even when things don't always work out the way we planned. I know the Lord is blessing you as you bless Him.
Lots of love and prayers,
S.T.