Saturday, October 4, 2014

School on Saturday

Yes, this is something that I never thought I would deal with, but...
my kids like school TO MUCH! :)
Not to much for my liking, to much to be happy once Saturday gets here and they get a break. :)
This morning I wanted to come up with some fun craft/project that we could do instead of school, cause I knew they would be asking to do school, they have been asking to do school every single day since we started 2 weeks ago, (pictures of which I will post one day) and I just hope it stays that way! :)
So I looked through my pinterest ideas and found a fun little craft, making your own jellyfish.
Well.... me being the school teacher that I am decided that I may as well work some learning into the fun.
So even though we are not yet till learning about the letter J in our ABCs, we printed out some jelly fish pictures to colour, traced and printed some Js, watched a few youtube videos about jellyfish and then finally made our own jellyfish, how exciting that was! They have gone everywhere with the kids so far, even out to the field to bring Daddy supper. :)
I love teaching our kids, I love being able to decide what goes into their heads, what influences them.
I am so very thankful that we have the freedom to homeschool our kids, it is such a privilege!!

Andy tracing and printed the J


Kayla exited about her work! :)


Making his very own Js



Colouring, Kayla is very much girl when it comes to colouring or painting, everything is pink or purple. :) She was very excited that God made pink jellyfish!!!


The finished papers.




Brendan saying cheese.


And the jellyfish! I didn't have time to take pictures during the project. :)


Kayla's is named squishy and Andy's is named not squishy. :)


No comments: