Tuesday, October 21, 2014

And the Last One


It is tradition to make porgies for supper once every harvest.
Megan usually comes out for that, I'm not sure if it to eat the porgies, or if it's cause she loves us, misses us and wants to help out. :) Probably the last reasons. 
Anyway.... this year sweet little Si bear was there too, such a cute little munchkin!

We started out with oreo cookies
Thats what aunties are for right?! (Hey, she's done the same to my kids) :)



Then we got work, that is after Kerri, peeled, cooked mashed and mixed up the potatoes. Mixed, kneaded, rolled out and cut out circles of dough, we don't let Kerri do all the work, but she is so good at it thats it's hard sometimes! :)



We did help her close them all up. Jen got a day off of the grain cart duties, it was mice to have her home!


I think. :)


Sweet little friends.


Cooked progies, ready to be fried.


After all that hard work the girls attacked the dessert I had made. :)





Although I do think they managed to get some into containers for the field. :)



 And after that I didn't take anymore pictures, I guess it got to busy. Although I do have a picture of the boxes after they get back from the field, they don't come back looking the same as they did when they left. :)
All in all harvest was wonderful. 
We were blessed with safety, working equipment, help, nice weather and a bountiful crop!
What more could you ask for!


No comments: