Friday, August 17, 2012

Time Really Does Fly!

Four years ago today the love of my life asked me if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him...
And I said yes!
It was one of the most interesting engagements that I have ever heard of. :)
We had been courting for 10 days, and because we already knew that we would be getting married we decided to skip the waiting, surprise everyone and just get on with things. :)
It was a Sunday, Josh's turn to come over, he came in the morning and we went to church with my family then came home for the afternoon. It was a VERY hot day so we were down stairs looking at pictures and visiting with kids. After awhile Josh asked Dad if he would go for a walk with him. So off they went. I don't remember how long they were gone, but it left like hours!!!
Finally they got back, just in time to leave for a family gathering. We got there, I introduced all my aunts, uncles cousins and grandparents to Josh as this was their first time meeting him. We ate supper, played volley ball and catch, for me the evening seemed to go by so slowly, I guess it was cause I knew what Josh and Dad had talked about and I was anxious to find out when he would ask me. :) After everyone was sitting around visiting Josh told me to ask if it was OK for us to go from a walk, knowing what was going happen we got permission and off we went. We hadn't gone far when Josh turned to me and asked, so you want to do this? With out slowing down at all I said yes, my heart filling with excitement.
Since we had only been courting for such a short time he didn't have a ring, but that was OK, we went shopping for one on the next rainy day. :)
We didn't tell anyone till we were on our way home, we figured it might be to such for them. :) They were all very excited for us and wedding plans began right away! :)
6 months and 11 days later we were married, and I love Josh more today then ever! God blessed me so much by sending this wonderful man into my life, I am proud to be his wife.
Josh I love you, you are all that I could pray for in a husband, friend and father.




Here are some pictures of us from different times in the past 4 years.


This was our first "date" We went to a Blue Bombers game with our Dads, and the older brothers and sisters. It was a blast!!



Hiking the sand dunes with Josh's family.



Just happy to be together. :)



Our engagement pictures, taken by Josh's sister Megan.




Helping Josh's family take down an old house on their yard. Even work is fun when you're together.



Playing hockey together, something that really enjoy!





I love you so much Josh!! I want to grow old with you!




1 comment:

Breathe deep said...

Great post Becks!!! It does just seem like yesterday doesn't it :)
I remember Saturday night (the day before Josh proposed) I was helping him truck, and we were unloading the grain into the auger. He told me that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone... but he was going to ask you to marry him the next day :) I was kept on pins and needles until he came home and I could ask him if you said "yes"!
I'm SOOOOO glad that you did Becks, cause you are the BEST big sis in the WHOOOOLE world!!!!!
LOVE YOU!!
Jenny