Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Making Progies

I have always really liked progies and when I was still living at home my Mom, sisters and I would make a lot of them, often big batches at a time so that we could out some into the freezer. We always filled them with different fruits and cottage cheese. After I married Josh I was introduced to making them with potatoes and cheese which is also really good!
Since there is only 1 of me and 2 of my kids it takes a while to make progies so we don't usually have them unless we go to either our parents for a meal.
So the other day when it was raining and both kids were sleeping I thought I would give it a try. It took we much longer, but it was worth it!! And I did have extra for in the freezer, which are now being saved, for when I'm not sure. :)

I borrowed Mom's rolling out thingy which really helped.


Rolling out many little pieces of dough.


My fillings, gooseberries and cottage cheese.



Putting in the filling.




Then closing up the edges so that everything stays inside.



Then cooking and frying them... yummy!!!



And the best part, feeding them to your hungry kids! :)



Miss Kayla waiting for the time when she can help make them. :)

1 comment:

Sharon K said...

Interesting post Rebecca; I have never heard of these before. They sound and look delicious. I will have to try these for our students. (I have never eaten gooseberries before either though; guess I have a lot to learn!)