Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We Are Still Here!

Sorry about not updating sooner, our family was out on the weekend. But we are still in the city and as of right now it looks like we will be here for awhile. Andrew went back on the CPAP on Friday and he is still on it, his breathing is fine as long as he keeps the prongs in his nose. Because this is kind of hard to do they have been giving him sedation once every 12 hours or so, just to keep him more settled and so that he sleeps more peacfully. We are really praying that he will be able to go back to the nasal prongs soon, and that once he does improve that he will not go backwards again.
Andy has been growing though, you can see and feel that he his getting a tiny bit bigger. He now weighs 1582 grams which is about 3 lbs 7 ozs. He gets 29 mls of milk now and as he gains weight he will be getting more.


So thats where we are right now, we are praying to be home for Christmas, but most of all we are praying for God's will to be done, we know that He is in charge and we want to do our best to live out his will. Thankyou all for your continued prayers!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates. . . you do an awesome job! Praying with you that God's will be done for all of you!! You are an amazing example of trusting God for all to see!! Blessings, The Walls

Megan said...

He is getting So big ;) Go Andy Go!!

All I want for christmas is for Andy to come home..for Andy to come home..for Andy to come home...all I want for christmas is for andy to come home. (I think that is how the song goes :)

Thanks for the update!

I love you all!
Megan

The Pauls' Family said...

Hey Guys!!!

Thanks for the update.

I am really hoping you can be home for Christmas, but like you said....God knows what he is doing.

It was GREAT to be able to see you ....can't wait to see you again

Love you and miss you ALOT!

Love your little sister Ker

Débora said...

Hello!
I'm from France and I've find your blog and followed the beginning of life of little Andy! I would like to give you this link
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/t051100.asp
talking about babywearing espacially premature babies to help them breathe, rest and have comfort.... and many other benefits! (for Mommy too!!) I've had a little premature child and I've done it, and it was a real blessing for the baby and me! Hope this helps and hope you will able to do it if you want to!! Don't hesitate to talk the medical staff about it and ask me questions etc.... Look it you want to for me information in the internet it's worth it!

Lots of blessing to you and here is my blog to be able to know me a bit (in french though!!!)
wwww.jeanlucetdebora.blogspot.com
Débora

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update about Andy,its great that he is gaining weight,and getting biger!

Thanks for a GREAT weekend with you,I had lots of fun.

Hope to see you soon.
Still praying.

Love you both

Rae

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates. I have been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers daily. After out third child was born she was sent to Children's Hospital for a couple of nights. It was so scary . I know you guys have been there a long time but it is a great place to be when your baby needs some extra tender loving care. Andrew looks great and you can see that he is growing from the pictures you have posted. Praying for God's loving care one day at a time. Sincerely Linda Falk

Carrie Cooper said...

I can already see a difference in his little cheeks!! God is good and he will take care of all the things that need done for little Andy!! We will pray for his breathing I know that can be tough, we had ups and downs with the twins too. We will pray you will get that Christmas gift of going home!! God is able!