Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Fall Job

Last week we got one of the more not so fun Fall jobs done. Josh, my brother Reuben and our neighbor were in the tractors pulling manure spreaders, and Dad was loading them.
After 2 days of loading, unloading, bumping in the tractor and a lot of smelliness they finished!!!
For those of you that have never had the privilege of manure spreading here is how it's done:
You load the manure (from the cows that lived in the corals all Winter) into the manure spreaders
You drive out to the field and spread the manure all over.
Then you come back and do it all over again.



Then after we were all done Josh got to wash the tractor. And I got to wash his clothes. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Becca!
I love the last pic:) I had a good laugh when Josh walked in the door like that:)

Love you! and don't stay away so long (two days was WAY to long for my liking:)

Love Ker Ker

Jenny's writings said...

I to um... LOVE the last picture.
And like Ker said... it was WAY funny when he walked in the door :)
Love you girl!
Jen

carlotta cisternas said...

That last picture is too funny! Looks like a hard, dirty job...I don't envy them ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun:)

Glad you guys could get it done.

Love you lot's and can't wait till sunday.

Love Rits

Judy said...

Being from a farm...I can identify with it all!

Thanks for your comments over Mennonite Girls Can Cook.

Mrs. Pauls said...

I hope you have a heavy duty cycle on your washer :)

Jeanette